Following the success of the SRGC dance workshop in 2012, SRGC in collaboration with Celebrity Fitness will be organizing its next dance workshop with the purpose of developing and promoting a positive lifelong attitude towards active and healthy lifestyle among children through alternate fun events such as dance.
The workshop is open to all gymnasts from SRGC and affiliated schools and anyone who has the passion for dance and music.
This event will be segmented into two dance categories comprising of Hip Hop and Latin styles taught by Celebrity Fitness dance instructor Vidal Gomez.
Dance is an excellent form of creative self-expression stimulating artistic, developmental and physical benefits among children.
- Enhances interpretation of music hence developing musicality and a general awareness of music and a breath of repertoire for dance.
- Infuses the basic elements of creative movement such as design, rhythm, space and time.
- Shares the pleasure of physical self-expression in a structured and supportive environment.
- Stimuli imagination and nurtures individual creativity in a unique way.
- Cultivates essential social skills through interaction with other participants.
- Dance classes are a fun and great way to meet new friends.
- Develops confidence, poise and self-esteem through performing.
- Fosters communication, cooperation, teamwork and trust.
- Nurtures important life skills such as discipline and focus.
- Develops muscle strength while increasing flexibility.
- Excellent form of exercise and it is FUN!
- Helps alleviates stress and feel relaxed.
- Improves agility and coordination.
- Increases body awareness, good posture and spatial awareness.
Event: 2nd SRGC dance workshop 2013.
Date: Friday, 31st May 2013.
Group 1: 11.00am-12.00noon and 12.30-1.30pm (5-8 years old).
- Hip Hop: 11.00am-12.00noon; Latin: 12.30-1.30pm.
Group 2: 2.00-3.00 and 3.30-4.30pm (9 years old and above).
- Hip Hop: 2.00-3.00; Latin: 3.30-4.30pm.
Venue: Celebrity Fitness at SStwo Mall, Jalan 19/16, Seksyen 19, 46300, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Level: Beginners. Open to anyone who are interested to participate in the workshop. Bring your siblings (boys and girls) and friends to join in the fun! The more the merrier!
Awards and Souvenirs:
- Participation certificates will be awarded to all participants.
- Anything comfortable. SRGC standardized training attire (for SRGC members) or anything tight fitting and stretchable. Sleeveless top with 3/4 or long tights are advised.
- NO sandals. Please wear proper shoes.
Hair: Participants are required to tie their hair up neatly (for girls).
- Fee of RM50 will be applicable for each person to participate in the workshop which comprises of two dance classes (Hip Hop and Latin).
Limited spaces! Max participants is 20 for each group. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
- Please inform the organizer (SRGC) of your attendance early as spaces are limited.
- Class selection is based on first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please register and make payment to Coach Sarina not later than the closing date on Sunday, 28th April 2013.
- Please make payment if via cheque payable to ‘Sarina Rhythmic Gymnastics’ or via bank transfer to RHB: 21427700057650.
- Please scan and email the proof of payment to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No entry fees will be refunded for withdrawals after the closing date.
- Entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Late entries may be accepted before the beginning of the workshop (Friday, 31st May 2013) with the clear understanding that they:
- Carry a penalty of RM50 per entry.
- Can only be accepted if the workshop schedule allows it.
For SRGC members
- Gymnasts who have not settled any outstanding fees will NOT be allowed to participate in the workshop.
- Please confirm your child/children attendance by filling up the name list with Coach Sarina.
- You may also fill up the name list by clicking on the link below:
For non-SRGC members
- Please download the Registration Form, Term Sheet and Agreement, fill in and submit the completed forms and payment to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration Form download.
- Term Sheet and Agreement download.
Instructors Profile: Learn more about your dance instructor Vidal Gomez!
Latin: Vidal Gomez Profile download.